Coahuila to have America's largest solar plantBy Elliot Bullman
For its construction, the Italian company will invest 650 million dollars in Coahuila.
Italian company, Enel Green Power Mexico will build the largest photovoltaic solar plant on the American continent in Coahuila, and this will form the largest project of the firm in the world to date.
The energy complex will be located in Villanueva Park. The total capacity will be 754 MegaWatts (MW). The firm expects to start operations in the second half of 2018 and generate 1,700 GigaWatts-hour (GWh) each year.
This would be equivalent to the electricity consumption of 1.3 million Mexicans, but avoiding the emission of 780,000 tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) into the atmosphere.
Construction began after March 2016 when Enel was awarded 15 and 20year contracts to supply clean energy for about 1 GW of solar capacity at Villanueva, as well as 238 MW at the Don José PV project.
Enel, which operates through its Mexican subsidiary, currently operates with a capacity of 728 MW of renewable energy, of which 675 comes from wind energy and 53 MW from hydroelectric power.
The company has also begun construction of the 200 MW Amistad wind farm, also located in Coahuila. The construction of the Don José project is located in Guanajuato, In Tamaulipas park in Salitrillos has a capacity of 93 MW.
- Zacua presents the first Mexican electric car
- European automotive firms ordered to pay fines by PROFEPA
- Mitsubishi Group is wind farm investor
- Mexico's clean energy goals are increasingly ambitious
- Mexico takes care of Whale Shark
- Mexico’s wind farms monitored in Spain
- Mexican video game to support endangered species
- Coahuila to have America's largest solar plant
- Mexican obtains patent for his seawater desalination system
- VerdeVertical, transforming Mexico City
- Domestic solar energy market to grow 150% in 2017: Conermex
- The most important recycling plant in the world is Mexican