Companies give waste a second lifeBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
From clothing to construction materials and electricity, companies have found a utility for garbage
The garbage in the world continues to grow, that is no secret for us, however in the face of this alarming situation, many companies in Mexico and the world have sought solutions to the problem, which, although perhaps are not enough, are efforts to make a contribution.
In Mexico, approximately 34.7 million tons are generated per year, of which approximately 450 thousand tons are exported to countries such as China, India and the United States, which use this waste as a raw material for manufacturing furniture, electrical appliances and clothing, among many other things.
Even countries like Germany and Switzerland also use plastic waste to generate electricity, because it has the same heat capacity as coal and oil.
In Mexico, several companies use waste to produce different products, which can be used even in the construction of houses. In addition, many students create this kind of projects within the various institutions, each one seeking to provide a solution to the pollution in the country.
Scientists at the National Polytechnic Institute (IPN) even created a biodegradable plastic using banana debris, thus finding a feature for all the banana peels thrown away.
Another example is Margrietina Ecofashion, which is dedicated to the manufacture of clothes made with fabric made from recycled Pet plastic.
In the world there are many companies that also seek to take advantage of all the resources they can to solve the world's problems, for example Ecoalf, a Spanish company that uses garbage collected from the sea to create clothing and fashion accessories.
Another example is the company Tonlé, which also seeks to help women in Cambodia to obtain a job and a stable salary in addition to reducing the environmental impact left by large factories.
Tonlé uses surplus material left by large factories to design dresses, shirts and pants, as according to experts, between 15% and 20% of the material used to produce clothes, ends up in landfills or wasted somewhere.
As well as these, there are several companies that seek to create useful things, using waste to help reduce the environmental impact that is generated in the world day by day.
- Coahuila to have America's largest solar plant
- Mexican obtains patent for his seawater desalination system
- VerdeVertical, transforming Mexico City
- Domestic solar energy market to grow 150% in 2017: Conermex
- The most important recycling plant in the world is Mexican
- Mexican creating gasoline with garbage
- Companies give waste a second life
- Sustainable housing created with Sugar Cane ash
- Finland propose to use waste to create energy in Mexico
- Two baby jaguars rescued in Calakmul
- Mexicans create biofuels from microalgae and wastewater
- Why Apple and Google are going Solar