Domestic solar energy market to grow 150% in 2017: ConermexBy Elliot Bullman
The increase in the market would mean a business of MUSD$250, which is double that registered in 2016.
By 2017, it is expected that 40 thousand solar electric generation systems will be installed, an increase of 150 percent compared to last year, said Carlos Flores Macías, director general of the solar panel installation company Conermex.
In a conference, the director stressed that this would mean a business of 250 million dollars, which is double that registered in 2016.
This is thanks to the new rules for distribution of electricity generation systems published by the Energy Secretariat in conjunction with the Energy Regulatory Commission.
Flores Macías said that solar electric generation systems are now 25 percent cheaper than last year, while electricity tariffs increased 27 percent.
"The important thing from now on will be to obtain the resources that allow us to install or rent generation equipment," he explained.
I believe that by 2018 this market will increase to a value of MUSD$500.
He considers that there is a market of 100 thousand domestic users that can invest in these systems. Currently 30 thousand contracts of this type exist, so that still leaves a potential 70 thousand homes," added the CEO of Conermex.
- Mexico ranked 28th for the use of green energy, but failing in energy transparency
- Mexico launches pioneering scheme to insure its coral reef
- Zacua presents the first Mexican electric car
- European automotive firms ordered to pay fines by PROFEPA
- Mitsubishi Group is wind farm investor
- Mexico's clean energy goals are increasingly ambitious
- Mexico takes care of Whale Shark
- Mexico’s wind farms monitored in Spain
- Mexican video game to support endangered species
- Coahuila to have America's largest solar plant
- Mexican obtains patent for his seawater desalination system
- VerdeVertical, transforming Mexico City