Finland propose to use waste to create energy in MexicoBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Mexican authorities and private companies see this as an important opportunity
Several Finnish entrepreneurs have seen in Mexico an opportunity to invest in power generation using waste and debris.
According to Helena Sarén, Program Director of Energy, Bioenergy and Innovation from FinPro, in Mexico there are municipalities that do not know what to do with the waste generated, and landfills are saturated, and it would be a great way to use that resource and return it to nature.
Finland is a country that could offer Mexico world-class solutions, and five of its entrepreneurs presented their business schemes to state and municipal governments.
Currently 40% of the energy generated in Finland comes from renewable sources, and power plants use waste as a raw material in order to produce heat and electricity, which is intended to cities and residential areas.
Mexico represents an opportunity because of the interest generated by the energy reform the use of renewable energies, in addition to the commitment we have as a country to promote the use of clean energy.
The national goal is to produce 35% of energy from renewable sources by 2024 and reach 40% by 2035, making Finland's proposal an important step towards that goal.
Finnish companies who visited the country this month were BMH Technology, a specialist in integrated supply production plants SRF (solid recovered fuels) and solid fuels handling systems for power plants and cement kilns.
Another company was Cross Wrap, a world leader in the manufacture of automatic packaging machines and bale opening for the waste industry, among others.
- Zacua presents the first Mexican electric car
- European automotive firms ordered to pay fines by PROFEPA
- Mitsubishi Group is wind farm investor
- Mexico's clean energy goals are increasingly ambitious
- Mexico takes care of Whale Shark
- Mexico’s wind farms monitored in Spain
- Mexican video game to support endangered species
- Coahuila to have America's largest solar plant
- Mexican obtains patent for his seawater desalination system
- VerdeVertical, transforming Mexico City
- Domestic solar energy market to grow 150% in 2017: Conermex
- The most important recycling plant in the world is Mexican