Mexican video game to support endangered speciesBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
The game will include purchases inside, and the earnings will be donated to the preservation of the species
Flying Free is a virtual and augmented reality game that aims to offer an entertaining way to help and protect endangered species by allowing users to make donations with their purchases within the app.
According to the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), Mexico is currently the fourth most biodiverse country on the planet, because 108 thousand 589 known species - which account for 6.5 percent of the world's biodiversity - are found here.
127 of these species have already been extinguished from the wild life, while about two thousand 605 are in danger of extinction; faced with this problem, Alejandro Trujillo decided to create this game that seeks to support these species.
Trujillo graduated in digital graphic design and together with his team managed to develop this video game that will help protect the species while at the same time entertaining users and allowing them to do something positive for their planet.
The game can be downloaded on tablets and smart phones, and has several levels, for which access will be granted through the purchase of certain accessories, whose profits will be donated to conservation.
In addition to making this experience even more attractive, the creators have made a virtual reality and augmented reality site that allows users to combine gaming with virtual and physical tourism.
The game aims to connect millions of people through this experience, and at the same time create funds, advertising, partners and alliances with the help of brands and companies that have decided to participate in the project.
- Mitsubishi Group is wind farm investor
- Mexico's clean energy goals are increasingly ambitious
- Mexico takes care of Whale Shark
- Mexico’s wind farms monitored in Spain
- Mexican video game to support endangered species
- Coahuila to have America's largest solar plant
- Mexican obtains patent for his seawater desalination system
- VerdeVertical, transforming Mexico City
- Domestic solar energy market to grow 150% in 2017: Conermex
- The most important recycling plant in the world is Mexican
- Mexican creating gasoline with garbage
- Companies give waste a second life