El Santo, the silver-masked, will have his own museum in CDMXBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
This year we celebrate 100 years of the birth of the famous Mexican fighter
The son of El Santo, Jorge Ernesto Guzman, announced that he intends to create a museum dedicated to his father, the iconic Mexican fighter "El Santo", in commemoration of the 100th anniversary of his birth.
Mexican Lucha Libre has become an important part of Mexican folklore, and El Santo is one of the most representative figures of an era in Mexico, reason why his son, in collaboration with the Government of Mexico City, seeks to create a Space where he will be able to exhibit the collection of objects, but especially the legacy left by his father.
But who is El Santo? He is one of the most iconic wrestlers of the Mexican cinema and also the world of Lucha Libre in the country; he made his first appearance on the “Arena Mexico”, in 1942, and from that moment on he became a sensation within the people.
He appeared in several movies, in which he fought vampires, witches, and other monsters, and he became an important popular character, he became a superhero, and the an icon of power and bravery.
And now, his son, Jorge Ernesto says he has masks, clothes, meshes, cloaks and trophies of the silver masked, and feels that he must share with the general public, so he has asked the support of the CDMX government to get a space to create "The House of the silver-masked ".
Guzman says he would like for the museum to be located in the Condesa or Roma boroughs of Mexico City, because in this area there are very old houses that resemble the buildings that appeared in the black and white films of El Santo.
Finally, it was also announced that they are currently working on the pre-production of a film that has as main theme the adventures of El Santo, and that will not be a biopic, but an adventure film through the urban legends of Mexico.
The film will be starring the Son of El Santo, and by the Santo Jr., because they say that there is nobody better to play the role, since they are dedicated to the wrestles and they know everything that entails being a fighter.
- Frida Kahlo's "secrets" exposed in California
- Exhibition of Indigenous Peoples returns to Mexico City
- Book collects Mexican Treasures found in Europe
- El Santo, the silver-masked, will have his own museum in CDMX
- The Island of the Dolls, legend in Xochimilco
- Calakmul Mask returns to Campeche
- First underwater museum of Europe inspired in Cancun’s MUSA
- Mexico will have its own house in Madrid
- New method for dating prehispanic paintings
- Fonart partners with Amazon to sell handcrafts
- Mayas, creators of the first super highways network
- Ten thousand year old skull found in Quintana Roo