Mexico guest of honor at Montreal's Book FairBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
From November 16 to 21, Mexico will be present at Montreal's Book Fair
The Book Fair of Montreal was created in 1978 and has become an icon in the world of literary promotion and intellectual creativity, as well as a platform for all those new authors, and for those who love literature.
This year Mexico has been invited as guest of honor and will have a group of important representatives, who will exhibit their books, as well as more than a thousand titles related to Mexico or even Spanish American literature, in their original language or some even translated into French.
The fair will feature two exhibitions about Mexico: the Mexican Pavilion will be the stage for an exhibition of around forty Mexican illustrators, and in the space René Derouin there will be a second exhibition, where three works by this great artist who loves Mexico will be shown.
The Mexican pavilion will also include a part dedicated to the correspondence of Mexican painter Frida Kahlo, where people will be able to see a little part of the intimate life of the painter, as well as observe her great passion and her great love for words.
This 39th edition of "Le Salon du Livre de Montréal", will allow Mexican authors to show their work and talk about topics such as "Mexican literature today", thus showing the growing cooperation between Mexico and Quebec to further promote links between both Nations in the future.
Mexico will be represented during the fair by: Claudia Hernández de Valle Arizpe, Ana Gerhard, Guadalupe Sánchez Nettel, Alberto Ruy-Sánchez, Francisco Hinojosa, Enrique Serna, David Toscana y Jorge Volpi.
Finally, it is important to mention that Mexico's participation in the book fair will be the prelude to a series of activities in which the country will participate to promote its literary wealth in the network of 47 libraries in Montreal, and will be the trigger for encounters between authors, reading evenings, and various activities for young people and children.
- The Island of the Dolls, legend in Xochimilco
- Calakmul Mask returns to Campeche
- First underwater museum of Europe inspired in Cancun’s MUSA
- Mexico will have its own house in Madrid
- New method for dating prehispanic paintings
- Fonart partners with Amazon to sell handcrafts
- Mayas, creators of the first super highways network
- Ten thousand year old skull found in Quintana Roo
- Mexico guest of honor at Montreal's Book Fair
- Songs to celebrate the Day of the Dead
- Mexican is "Wildlife Photographer of the Year"
- The 'art savant' visits Mexico City