Andy Warhol will arrive in Mexico CityBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
The exhibition will bring together some of the artist's most representative work
Andy Warhol was one of the most representative artists of Pop Art, and now his work will be exhibited at the Museum Jumex in Mexico City.
This exhibition will cover the three floors of the museum and you will be able to see in it the collections of various museums, as a co-curator of Andy Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh, and Jumex Museum.
Paintings, photographs, and other works will be exhibited, including "Red Mao", "Yellow Mao", "Sixteen Jackies", "Bright Box", "Four Jackies" and "Saturday".
Warhol was the son of Slovak emigrants, and studied art at the Carnegie Institute of Technology. Later when he settled in New York, he worked for several companies like Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Seventeen and The New Yorker, where he exerted like publicity cartoonist.
This personage gained fame thanks to his work in painting, cinema, literature, and in addition his great ability to relate with the media, in addition he functioned in life like a link between artists and intellectuals.
Andy Warhol was a controversial character, and undoubtedly his work within the use of mass-diffusion images, such as Campbell's famous soup can, became one of the most interesting features of his work.
The exhibition will arrive in Mexico City in july of this year, and in it we will be able to admire a great part of his work, and without a doubt it will be something unforgettable for all those art lovers.
The Jumex Museum is open from Tuesday to Sunday, from 11 am to 8 pm and has a cost of 30 pesos for nationals, 50 pesos for the foreign public, students and seniors enter freely, and on Sundays general admission is free.
- The official Ultra Music Festival Mexico line up is out!
- International bartenders competition arrives in Mexico City
- Art of the Revolution arrives in Mexico City
- Andy Warhol will arrive in Mexico City
- Flor Garduño's exhibition arrives in New York
- Guillermo del Toro exhibition will arrive in Mexico
- Stanley Kubrick arrives in Mexico City
- Everything ready for the PlayStation Experience 2016
- The Raiders felt right at home
- Guanajuato's International Globe Festival begins
- The magical music of Harry Potter will visit Mexico for the first time
- The world's largest sailing competition arrives to Mexico