Dual Year Mexico - Germany has begun!By Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
More than 120 projects and nearly a thousand individual events will be held.
On june 6th, the DualYear Germany-Mexico was officially inaugurated, in an event that was held at the Palace of Fine Arts in Mexico City.
The inauguration was attended by German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier, Federal Secretary of Culture, Rafael Tovar y de Teresa, German corps members and special guests.
Young talents from both countries gathered in the Main Hall of the Palace of Fine Arts, where they gave a concert with two iconic pieces of Ludwig Van Beethoven and Silvestre Revueltas, recognized composers of every nation.
The Mexican world-renowned conductor Alondra de la Parra was responsible for directing the Federal Youth Orchestra of Germany and the Orchestra Escuela Carlos Chavez, who performed the Symphony No. 3 in E flat major Op. 55 by Ludwig Van Beethoven, better known as "Eroica" and "the Night of the Mayas" by Revueltas.
The German Federal Youth Orchestra was founded in 1969 and is made up of young people between 14 and 19 years, who give about 25 concerts a year, both in Germany and in the world.On the other hand the Orchestra Escuela Carlos Chavez is composed of young Mexicans between 17 and 30 years and is considered a learning space for musicians to start their career.
Tovar y de Teresa said during the event that this 2016 is an exceptional year for Mexico and Germany, as during this binational meeting will be on "the roots and traditions, pride of the respective cultural heritages."
This dual year that begins between the two countries has an extensive program of cultural, scientific, educational and economic cooperation, where more than 120 projects and approximately one thousand individual events in the country will be presented.
- Mozart’s Réquiem will play at the National Auditorium in Mexico City
- The official Ultra Music Festival Mexico line up is out!
- International bartenders competition arrives in Mexico City
- Art of the Revolution arrives in Mexico City
- Andy Warhol will arrive in Mexico City
- Flor Garduño's exhibition arrives in New York
- Guillermo del Toro exhibition will arrive in Mexico
- Stanley Kubrick arrives in Mexico City
- Everything ready for the PlayStation Experience 2016
- The Raiders felt right at home
- Guanajuato's International Globe Festival begins
- The magical music of Harry Potter will visit Mexico for the first time