Flor Garduño's exhibition arrives in New YorkBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
She is currently considered one of the most influential photographers in Latin America.
Flor Garduño is one of the most influential contemporary photographers in Latin America, and currently the Throckmorton Fine Arts gallery in New York is exhibiting a selection of some of her most representative pieces.
The Mexican photographer's exhibition will be open until february 25, 2017, and is made up of 30 black and white photographs, including the most significant pieces of his career.
According to curators of the exhibition, “Garduño's photographs offer poetic images taken of nature, dreams and feminine forms", which certainly makes her work something worthy of appreciation for all those art lovers.
Garduño studied at the San Carlos Academy of the UNAM, and before finding her passion in photography, her work focused on painting, however in 1979, she began working as an assistant to Manuel Álvarez Bravo, who at the time was considered one of the most important photographers in Latin America.
It was Alvarez Bravo who impelled Garduño to the world of photography, and who later pushed her to begin to develop her own style.
The work of Flor Garduño is present in various collections of many institutions such as the Museum of Modern Art in New York (MoMA), as well as the Institute of Art of Chicago and the National Library of France; and has been included in several books.
The exhibition will be open from tuesday through saturday from 11 am to 5 pm at the Throckmorton Fine Arts facility in New York City.
- Mozart’s Réquiem will play at the National Auditorium in Mexico City
- The official Ultra Music Festival Mexico line up is out!
- International bartenders competition arrives in Mexico City
- Art of the Revolution arrives in Mexico City
- Andy Warhol will arrive in Mexico City
- Flor Garduño's exhibition arrives in New York
- Guillermo del Toro exhibition will arrive in Mexico
- Stanley Kubrick arrives in Mexico City
- Everything ready for the PlayStation Experience 2016
- The Raiders felt right at home
- Guanajuato's International Globe Festival begins
- The magical music of Harry Potter will visit Mexico for the first time