Guillermo del Toro exhibition will arrive in MexicoBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
In it, attendees will get a taste of the world of this acclaimed Mexican director
A few days ago, Mexican director Guillermo del Toro announced through his social media accounts that his exhibition "At Home with Monsters" will arrive in Mexico by 2018.
Before this happens, the exhibition will visit the cities of Minnesota, United States and Toronto, Canada, and in each place it will remain for 8 months, during which the inhabitants will be able to enjoy a part of the rather unique world the Mexican director has created through a very particular aesthetic in his films.
"At Home with Monsters" includes more than 500 drawings, models, statues and paintings, as well as objects from other artists that have inspired the director and are now part of the exhibition; in it you will be able to see a bit of his creative process, which has led him to create films such as Pan´s Labyrinth, The Devil's Backbone and Hellboy.
This compendium of works exposes Del Toro’s great fascination with monsters, because as he exposes, they transport us to a different world, allowing us to see universes in which other forms of life are allowed, with other rules.
Monsters are, in a way, part of dreams, and the cinema is the place where dreams are made, so Guillermo del Toro´s movie characters are the inhabitants of his mind and his dreams coming to life. "At Home with Monsters", more than an exhibition is a gateway to the creativity and conscious dreams of this acclaimed director.
There is still no date for the exhibition’s arrival in Mexico; however it is a fact that it will visit our country in 2018.
- The official Ultra Music Festival Mexico line up is out!
- International bartenders competition arrives in Mexico City
- Art of the Revolution arrives in Mexico City
- Andy Warhol will arrive in Mexico City
- Flor Garduño's exhibition arrives in New York
- Guillermo del Toro exhibition will arrive in Mexico
- Stanley Kubrick arrives in Mexico City
- Everything ready for the PlayStation Experience 2016
- The Raiders felt right at home
- Guanajuato's International Globe Festival begins
- The magical music of Harry Potter will visit Mexico for the first time
- The world's largest sailing competition arrives to Mexico