International bartenders competition arrives in Mexico CityBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
This will be the first time in history that the contest will be held in Mexico
From August 20 to 25, 50 of the best bartenders from different countries will gather in Mexico City to participate in the world's most important cocktail competition, the World Class Competition 2017.
This is the first time in the history of the contest to be held in Mexico, and according to Diageo México - company that organizes the event - the CDMX was chosen due to its great gastronomic diversity, variety of original ingredients and its privileged location.
Mexico City is considered the cosmopolitan capital of fine drinking and the culture of cocktails in Latin America, and for this competition various activities and events will be held in more than 100 locations in the city.
According to the organizers this will also bring economic benefits to the city, as it is expected to generate an occupation of more than 350 hotel rooms, and will also show the city as a metropolis with world-class consumption centers.
It is also expected to reach an audience of about 700 million people around the world, thus Mexico City will have an important exhibition that will be beneficial to the country.
Fátima León - the best bartender of 2017, thanks to her cocktails Mr. Bean and No Time Cocktail - will be in charge of representing Mexico during the contest.
Finally during the press conference it was announced that part of the competition will be held at the Hotel St. Regis and another at the Four Seasons, and in parallel the platform Cocktail Week 2017 - where All lovers of good drinks will meet - will be held.
- Mozart’s Réquiem will play at the National Auditorium in Mexico City
- The official Ultra Music Festival Mexico line up is out!
- International bartenders competition arrives in Mexico City
- Art of the Revolution arrives in Mexico City
- Andy Warhol will arrive in Mexico City
- Flor Garduño's exhibition arrives in New York
- Guillermo del Toro exhibition will arrive in Mexico
- Stanley Kubrick arrives in Mexico City
- Everything ready for the PlayStation Experience 2016
- The Raiders felt right at home
- Guanajuato's International Globe Festival begins
- The magical music of Harry Potter will visit Mexico for the first time