Mozart’s Réquiem will play at the National Auditorium in Mexico CityBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
The concert will be played exclusively on 7th November 2018.
Mozart’s Réquiem will arrive at Mexico City’s National Auditorium for an unprecedented show featuring the participation of Cuba’s Contemporary Dance Company, the National Philarmonic Orchestra and dancer Rasta Thomas.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is without a doubt one of the most renowned classical music composers in the World. Moreover Réquiem is one of his most famous pieces of music, not only for its greatness and complexity, but also for its final movement.
A Requiem is a liturgical prayer, created for Catholic funerals. The most famous is the one composed by Mozart, since there is a legend that says it was the same "Angel of Death" who commissioned his creation.
Actually the requiem was commissioned by Count Franz von Walsegg, but Mozart was already very ill by then, and died before writing the last three movements of the piece.
The rest of the work was finished by one of his disciples, Franz Xaver Süssmayr, and the whole context of his creation has caused the requiem to be one of the most appreciated pieces of classical music, even 200 years after its creation.
"Mozart's Requiem, monumental show" will seek to bring this great creation to the general public through a staging that will celebrate the composer's life.
Spectators will get to see more than 200 dancers on stage, coordinated with the orchestra and the chorus of EnHarmonia Vocalis; In addition, two Mozart pieces will be played on the monumental organ of the National Auditorium - an experience that very few have yet to experience.
All proceeds of this show will be donated to Reintegra, a nonprofit organization that seeks to offer a second chance to adolescents who have committed a crime, giving them the necessary tools to stay straight.
Only one show will be offered on November 7 at 8:30 p.m., and tickets are already on sale at the box office and through Ticket Master. Prices range from $ 550 pesos up to $3,990 pesos.
- Mozart’s Réquiem will play at the National Auditorium in Mexico City
- The official Ultra Music Festival Mexico line up is out!
- International bartenders competition arrives in Mexico City
- Art of the Revolution arrives in Mexico City
- Andy Warhol will arrive in Mexico City
- Flor Garduño's exhibition arrives in New York
- Guillermo del Toro exhibition will arrive in Mexico
- Stanley Kubrick arrives in Mexico City
- Everything ready for the PlayStation Experience 2016
- The Raiders felt right at home
- Guanajuato's International Globe Festival begins
- The magical music of Harry Potter will visit Mexico for the first time