Stanley Kubrick arrives in Mexico CityBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
In the exhibition people will be able to appreciate a good amount of the filmmaker's work
The filmmaker and producer Stanley Kubrick's exhibition arrived in Mexico City on December 1st - after visiting San Francisco, Monterrey, Seoul, Toronto, Krakow, Amsterdam and Paris, among other cities - and will remain at the Cineteca Nacional Until May 29, 2017.
In it you will be able to appreciate more than 900 pieces of his work, from photographs, scripts, cameras, models, costume designs and other objects, which will show us a part of what was the great mind of this filmmaker.
Stanley Kubrick created films like The Shinning, A Clockwork Orange, Eyes Wide Shut, and 2001: A Space Odyssey, among many others, and he always had a unique vision of the images he created to tell a story.
The filmmaker passed away at the age of 70, on March 7, 1999, and to this day continues to be one of the most outstanding film directors in the history of cinema, and his influence on contemporary film remains.
Among the objects that can be seen in the exhibition, we can highlight the presentation of some of his first photographs, the monkey suit of 2001: A Space Odyssey, up to his last film, Eyes Wide Shut in 1999.
Each of his films will be screened, scripts, drafts, booklets and other documents from the Stanley Kubrick Archive will also be available for the visitors to enjoy, from which stand out severalwritings of his work methods.
The show was made possible thanks to the collaboration of the Deutsches Filmmuseum Frankfurt am Main and with the support of The Stanley Kubrick Archive, University of the Arts, of London, and Warner Bros. Entertainment.
In addition to the exhibition of objects and memorabilia, there will be a symposium, a master talk and a course.
The entrance to the exhibition will cost $65 Mexican pesos for general admission, and $45 pesos for students and seniors, and will open from Tuesday to Sunday, from 12 to 21 hours.
- Art of the Revolution arrives in Mexico City
- Andy Warhol will arrive in Mexico City
- Flor Garduño's exhibition arrives in New York
- Guillermo del Toro exhibition will arrive in Mexico
- Stanley Kubrick arrives in Mexico City
- Everything ready for the PlayStation Experience 2016
- The Raiders felt right at home
- Guanajuato's International Globe Festival begins
- The magical music of Harry Potter will visit Mexico for the first time
- The world's largest sailing competition arrives to Mexico
- Lollapalooza will arrive to Guadalajara in 2017
- Balloon Festival will arrive to Yucatan