Chef Enrique Olvera receives Global Gastronomy Award 2017By Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Olvera is one of the most recognized chefs in the world thanks to his contribution to Mexican gastronomy
Mexican Chef Enrique Olvera has been recognized once again for his work in international cuisine, this time by the World Association of Chefs Societies.
Olvera has received the Global Gastronomy Award 2017, presented by the White Guide - a restaurant guide originally from Sweden - which is responsible for recognizing those Chefs or characters related to the gastronomy that are currently at some key point in their career.
It was thanks to his work in turning traditional Mexican food into sophisticated dishes that the Mexican Chef has received several recognitions, since he has managed to perfectly blend traditional with modern.
Currently Enrique Olvera's restaurants are considered as some of the most prestigious in the world, which have even entered thelist of The World's 50 Best Restaurants in several occasions.
Its restaurants located in Mexico City and New York stand out for their enhancement of the Mexican cuisine, since they use the most basic elements of this, to take each dish to a higher level within the international gastronomy.
Finally, the World Association of Chef Societies stated on the publication that Olvera, "has managed to elevate the Mexican classics and the beloved street food to new heights, uniting modesty and sophistication, retrospective and modernity - and to bring the rich spectrum of Regional food in the limelight, including indigenous and ancient delicacies, whose secrets he has successfully unblocked. "
Enrique Olvera is proof of Mexican talent at an international level, and will continue to position the name and flavors of Mexico in the world through his creations.
- Mexican wins Australian cooking contest
- Chef Enrique Olvera receives Global Gastronomy Award 2017
- Nopal, to the conquest of beer market
- Limantour, one of the best bars in the World
- Rosca de Reyes, tradition with diversity
- Now you will be able to enjoy your favorite chocolate without guilt
- Gourmet Awards 2016 presents its nominees
- Gourmet Awards, recognizing the best of Mexico’s cuisine
- Weekends have a carne asada smell to them
- Zarela Martinez, the Mexican who redefined the American menu
- Guadalajara’s traditional flavors you cannot miss
- Mezcal, the trendiest drink in Mexico