L'Encanto de Lola, experience an "atypical" culinary proposal in Mexico CityBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
In Mexico there are a variety of restaurants offering all kinds of food, but today, we will talk about a rather "atypical" one
L'Encanto de Lola is a restaurant that defines itself as a "(A) Typical Tortería", which offers quite peculiar dishes, made with homemade and organic ingredients. The charm of this place is focused on its original and fun creations that are quite the experience.
The restaurant has a cozy and colorful environment that will certainly enchant anyone who visits it, the decor is based on cartoons and also has a small garden, a tree with wooden cages and pillars covered with plants and red beams that create a very nice and relaxed atmosphere, perfect to spend a nice evening with friends.
The interesting and fun thing of this place is in their dishes, as they sell delicious -and quite original – tortas (Mexican “sandwiches”) that have singular ingredients, just like the one made with chile relleno (stuffed chili pepper), and are prepared with homemade bread that certainly will not disappoint you.
They also sell burgers, which are made with premium beef, bacon and American cheese, among other ingredients, which will satisfy even the most demanding palate and all foods can be accompanied by homemade fries, Mac & Cheese, onion rings, corn, between many other things.
It is noteworthy that they also have vegetarian dishes for those who prefer these types of preparations, and which will undoubtedly delight anyone who tries them.
And now passing to the most interesting part, desserts; if you visit this place you have to try them! and also their milkshakes, which are quite peculiar, because they are made with ingredients like chocolate Gansitos (a Mexican chocolate covered little cake) and various types of cereal, and you can add mezcal, vodka or rum, to give them a special touch.
They also have a small outdoor cinema in which every Thursday, classic films are projected.
L'Encanto de Lola is in Amargura # 14, between Del Carmen and Av. Revolución, in the Colonia San Angel, in Mexico City, and is open Monday to Sunday from 12:00 to 19:00 hours; and besides they have a stall in the food court at Palacio de Hierro Polanco, also in Mexico City.
For more information about this restaurant you can enter the website
- Chef James Kent will host a dinner to promote environmental awareness
- The most beautiful restaurant in the world is in Mexico: Ixi'im won recognition from Unesco
- 5 Mexican beer destinations that you cannot afford to miss
- Mexican wins Australian cooking contest
- Chef Enrique Olvera receives Global Gastronomy Award 2017
- Nopal, to the conquest of beer market
- Limantour, one of the best bars in the World
- Rosca de Reyes, tradition with diversity
- Now you will be able to enjoy your favorite chocolate without guilt
- Gourmet Awards 2016 presents its nominees
- Gourmet Awards, recognizing the best of Mexico’s cuisine
- Weekends have a carne asada smell to them