Limantour, one of the best bars in the WorldBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
This was the only bar in Latin America to enter the list of The World’s 50 Best Bars
Located in the Roma and Polanco colonies, the Limantour, founded in 2011, has become one of the most famous bars in Mexico City, so much so that last year it entered the list of The World’s 50 Best Bars of 2016.
This list was published by the prestigious magazine "Drinks International", founded in 1972, and which is currently considered the most important magazine on the drink industry.
To choose the bars that are on the list, Drinks International is based on the opinion of industry experts, who vote to choose the 50 best, also take into account the decision of a diverse group of authorities in the Drink industry, with a total of 476 experts in bars.
Of a total of 652 bars that receive votes, only 50 are elected, and it is a delicate process, since voters must meet certain requirements to be able to choose a specific bar, such as having visited it in the last 18 months, and they should not have any commercial interest or have worked in it, among other things.
The Mexican bar is number 13 on the list, where there are bars from various cities around the world, including New York, London and Singapore, so it is certainly a great achievement, as it is the only bar of all Latin America that entered the prestigious list.
One of the peculiarities of the Limantour is that for them to create and prepare a cocktail is a work that involves passion, they have managed to innovate the new Mexican mixology and in each drink they highlight the aromas and flavors, which definitely makes each one of their Drinks an experience.
For each drink they have the best ingredients, many of them specially selected and purchased in Mexico, and they also have created unique drinks of the place, which certainly makes it the ideal place for those who are looking for new flavors.
In addition, its architectural space takes art deco elements and some current notes to offer, along with its excellent service, one of the best experiences of Mexico City.
- Nopal, to the conquest of beer market
- Limantour, one of the best bars in the World
- Rosca de Reyes, tradition with diversity
- Now you will be able to enjoy your favorite chocolate without guilt
- Gourmet Awards 2016 presents its nominees
- Gourmet Awards, recognizing the best of Mexico’s cuisine
- Weekends have a carne asada smell to them
- Zarela Martinez, the Mexican who redefined the American menu
- Guadalajara’s traditional flavors you cannot miss
- Mezcal, the trendiest drink in Mexico
- Top 5 must-try foods in Mexico
- L'Encanto de Lola, experience an "atypical" culinary proposal in Mexico City