Mexican wins Australian cooking contestBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
With a plate of scrumptious chilaquiles the Mexican Flor Labana took the glory
Flor Labana, originally from Mexico City, won first place at “The Chef´s Line”, which could be viewed as an Australian version of the famous program “Masterchef”.
The Mexican left her country eight years ago to move to Australia where, being a cooking enthusiast, she decided to take a shot at the competition, and so, during the third season of the show, Labana gave her all in every dish.
The meal that earned her the glory during the show’s final was the Michoacán style chilaquiles, which left the judges in awe due to its exquisitely elaborate Mexican flavor. In addition, she also prepared an encore rendition of her marvelous mole, her signature dish, which initially catapulted her to fame.
Incidentally, Flor wasn’t the only Mexican to make it to the end. Clad in typical Mexican attire, she faced sous chef Gianni from the Mexican restaurant “El Público”, located in Australia.
Through her social Network accounts, Flor Labana expressed her appreciation with a message in which she claims to have a special place in her heart for all her followers and supporters, and she added that she had a wonderful experience at the show, full of emotions.
Finally in the message she said she was proud of her Mexican roots and commented that there is no limit to what we can achieve.
- Mexican wins Australian cooking contest
- Chef Enrique Olvera receives Global Gastronomy Award 2017
- Nopal, to the conquest of beer market
- Limantour, one of the best bars in the World
- Rosca de Reyes, tradition with diversity
- Now you will be able to enjoy your favorite chocolate without guilt
- Gourmet Awards 2016 presents its nominees
- Gourmet Awards, recognizing the best of Mexico’s cuisine
- Weekends have a carne asada smell to them
- Zarela Martinez, the Mexican who redefined the American menu
- Guadalajara’s traditional flavors you cannot miss
- Mezcal, the trendiest drink in Mexico