Controversial Collection presented in New YorkBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Ricardo Seco presented his collection "Juntos" in which he used the Patriotic symbols of Mexico
Last week, during Men's Fashion Week in New York City, Mexican designer Ricardo Seco presented his controversial collection "Juntos", inspired by the current situation between Mexico and the United States.
Seco´s collection has shaped the Mexican symbols of Mexico, as well as various phrases alluding to the history of the country, regarding respect and unity, because for the designer New York and Mexico will always be together.
After the publication of the collection, people quickly made their opinion known through various social networks, some in favor and others against, because many assert that the use of patriotic symbols in this way is okay because it denotes pride and, a user even assures that "they always use the United States flag in garments, and it was time for good designs with the Mexican flag”, however others believe it is a lack of respect.
According to the Law on the Coat of Arms, the Flag and the national anthem the Ministry of the Interior will be responsible for monitoring that respect for national symbols is not violated and, if applicable, punishable by a fine of up to 250 times the minimum wage or with arrest of up to 36 hours.
On the other hand, if the offense is committed for profit, the fine may be imposed up to the equivalent of a thousand times the minimum wage. In addition it establishes that it will be possible to seize the articles that reproduce illicitly the National Coat of Arms, Flag or Anthem.
However, in this case, Mexican law cannot be applied, since Ricardo Seco presented his collection in New York, and Mexico has no jurisdiction in the United States.
In the garments can be observed diverse designs, like the eagle devouring a serpent that can be seen in the flag of Mexico; Benito Juárez's phrase "Among individuals, as between nations, respect for the rights of others is peace," "Proud Immigrant," "Juntos” and "Together We Are The Force."
You can also read the Latin phrase "E Pluribus Inum", which is in the United States stamp of document certification and in the dollar coin, and means "of many one", or "unity in diversity ", referring to the integration of the thirteen colonies.
The "Juntos" collection also includes American symbols and colors, as the designer seeks to portray the unity of both nations, demonstrating in his own way that Mexico and the United States are brother countries, and although they have many differences, it is necessary to cultivate a relationship of Cooperation and mutual support.
- SURVEY: MEXICO WILL GRIND TO A HALT DURING WORLD CUP
- Floyd Mayweather regains title as world's top earning athlete
- Some patients are in pain, some just want drugs. How do doctors tell them apart?
- Buffett, Zuckerberg & Bezos Lose Billions As Dow Drops Over 1,000 Points
- Big American automakers ask Trump to stick with NAFTA
- Did you lose your pet? Find it with your cell phone
- The Moon, Mars and the Mexicans that will help us reach space
- Border wall will join the Guinness World Records
- Mexican students create organic solution to eliminate cholesterol
- Careers of the future are overlooked by the youth
- Roomie Bot, the perfect helper for household work
- Meet this new anti-aging dessert