Diego Luna will be Tony Montana in ScarfaceBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Universal announced that the Mexican actor will be in charge of giving life to the boss of the mafia
Mexican actor, Diego Luna will be in charge of giving life to the iconic character of Tony Montana in the new version of the film “Scarface”.
Luna recently had a leading role within the Star Wars franchise, in which he played a member of the rebellion in Rogue One, the latest movie in the saga.
Some time ago Universal unveiled its plan to create a new version of the classic film, starring the acclaimed actor Al Pacino, who played the controversial mob boss Tony Montana, a character that earned him a Nomination to the Golden Globe.
Scarface is an American film that was released in 1932, and was directed by Howard Hawks, later in 1983 a remake was made, which was directed by Brian De Palma and starred by Al Pacino, Steven Bauer, Michelle Pfeiffer, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Robert Loggia, Harris Yulin, Paul Shenar and F. Murray Abraham, with a script written by acclaimed Oliver Stone.
This new version is planned to be shoot during the next spring, however it still does not have a director, since Antoine Fuqua, who was the first option, had to reject the work because he is doing the sequel of "The Equalizer".
No more details of the cast are yet known, however we definitely hope for Diego Luna to do a great job representing this iconic movie character.
- Border wall will join the Guinness World Records
- Mexican students create organic solution to eliminate cholesterol
- Careers of the future are overlooked by the youth
- Roomie Bot, the perfect helper for household work
- Meet this new anti-aging dessert
- Mexico seen as potential leader in medical marijuana research
- Mexicans will use solar energy to process foods
- Mexican innovation to eliminate the use of trans fat
- 'Plena', looking to promote Mexican culture through sportswear
- Two Mexican universities are among the best in the world
- Mexican anti venom is used in seven countries in Africa
- Renegade Retirees make Mexico #1 Place to Retire