Mexican Millennials: The most empowered women of AmericaBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
According to a study from the consulting firm Accenture, 93% of Mexican Millennial women plan to start a business within the next few years.
The study proved that Mexico’s the country with the highest percentage of empowered women who embark upon new business ventures; they also high great expectations in the workplace. These numbers are followed by Brazil with 67%, Argentina 60%, the US with 59% and Canada with 30%.
The name of the study is "Achieving equity: how digital technology helps close the gender gap at work" and showed that women born between 1979 and 1997 show a greater desire to create their own businesses.
The study also revealed that in Mexico 85% of Millennial women aspire to senior management positions and the same percentage believe they have the necessary skills to do so, as they feel prepared to be leaders.
The consultant also reported that women in Mexico believe that the Internet has been a key tool in their education, and 85% say that without the access to digital technologies their educational level had not been the same. Furthermore, 92% believe that digital tools equal employment opportunities for men and women.
Cristina Ramirez, director of Human Resources at Accenture Mexico, said that we are now facing a generation of women with high aspirations and tools to become the leaders of tomorrow.
Finally Ramirez said that digital technologies accelerate the efforts that education, private enterprise and the government made to give more power to women of Mexico, and the world.
- Some patients are in pain, some just want drugs. How do doctors tell them apart?
- Buffett, Zuckerberg & Bezos Lose Billions As Dow Drops Over 1,000 Points
- Big American automakers ask Trump to stick with NAFTA
- Did you lose your pet? Find it with your cell phone
- The Moon, Mars and the Mexicans that will help us reach space
- Border wall will join the Guinness World Records
- Mexican students create organic solution to eliminate cholesterol
- Careers of the future are overlooked by the youth
- Roomie Bot, the perfect helper for household work
- Meet this new anti-aging dessert
- Mexico seen as potential leader in medical marijuana research
- Mexicans will use solar energy to process foods