Mexican students create organic solution to eliminate cholesterolBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
They are made with fish and spinach, and have many other benefits
A group of students of the National Polytechnic Institute (IPN) has developed a nutritional supplement based on spinach and charal (a small fish of 6 to 12 cm, found in Mexico) that could help control cholesterol levels, among many other things.
The students of Nutrition at the Interdisciplinary Center of Health Sciences (CICS), Milpa Alta Unit, created this product also with the purpose of boosting the consumption of charal in the country.
The charal has compounds that are highly beneficial for health like omega 3, vitamins A, B, C and E, which in addition to helping reduce cholesterol levels of the heart improve the functioning of the nervous system.
This supplement is also intended to prevent decalcification, which is usually caused by poor diet, and is currently an evil that affects a large percentage of society.
These capsules - called Charecal Espin - will also include spinach, one of the four vegetables that contain vitamins E and A, as well as folic acid, which will also help to greatly improve the immune system.
This food supplement will be accessible to people with low resources, and will contribute eight percent calcium and five percent phosphorus, so it is highly recommended by nutritionists.
It is important to mention that this is not a supplement, but a complement, and will help people to cover the required daily percentage of calcium and vitamins, among other things.
Finally through an IPN press release, he made sure that the consumption of these capsules is recommended for people over 35, the most vulnerable stage of decalcification.
Its consumption should be two capsules before each meal for a month, then you have to rest 30 days, to continue with the treatment, however being a totally natural product it has no side effects that can affect health.
- Did you lose your pet? Find it with your cell phone
- The Moon, Mars and the Mexicans that will help us reach space
- Border wall will join the Guinness World Records
- Mexican students create organic solution to eliminate cholesterol
- Careers of the future are overlooked by the youth
- Roomie Bot, the perfect helper for household work
- Meet this new anti-aging dessert
- Mexico seen as potential leader in medical marijuana research
- Mexicans will use solar energy to process foods
- Mexican innovation to eliminate the use of trans fat
- 'Plena', looking to promote Mexican culture through sportswear
- Two Mexican universities are among the best in the world