Mexicans stand out at Dubai Design WeekBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
Both inventions were created by UNAM students
Two industrial design postgraduate students of the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) stood out for their inventions at the Global Grand Show, which happened as part of the activities of the Dubai Design Week 2017.
Arturo Márquez Evangelista and Patricia Landeta presented two creations that prove prove Mexicans are well placed at the international level, representing UNAM with the technology generated by its School of Engineering.
During his presentation in Dubai, Arturo tested his own creation: “Sunergy”, the prototype of a device to recharge mobile phones with solar radiation, both diffused and direct, through photovoltaic technology which would be available anywhere, even under roof.
Due to its purpose of reducing the energetic demand generated by the constant recharge of mobile devices, it was presented in the Sustainability and Renewable Energies category.
"I had to participate with the weekly The New York Observer and The Guardian of the United Kingdom; The first categorized 'Sunergy' as one of 12 technologies that can change the paradigms of the world in the short term, "said Arturo.
The other Mexican project that also stood out at the show was “Exacto”, software developed by the student Patricia Landeta.
“Exacto” is an app for mobile devices, which serves as a platform that allows people with disabilities to share their experiences and assess the degree of accessibility of certain places.
For its contribution, it was selected to be presented at the Taipei International Design Congress in Taiwan and several companies from India, Colombia and Dubai showed great interest in the simulator.
- Did you lose your pet? Find it with your cell phone
- The Moon, Mars and the Mexicans that will help us reach space
- Border wall will join the Guinness World Records
- Mexican students create organic solution to eliminate cholesterol
- Careers of the future are overlooked by the youth
- Roomie Bot, the perfect helper for household work
- Meet this new anti-aging dessert
- Mexico seen as potential leader in medical marijuana research
- Mexicans will use solar energy to process foods
- Mexican innovation to eliminate the use of trans fat
- 'Plena', looking to promote Mexican culture through sportswear
- Two Mexican universities are among the best in the world