Mexico present at Paris Haute Couture WeekBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Antonio Ortega presented his Haute Couture collection for the sixth time in fashion week
Paris Haute Couture Week recently came to an end, and more than 30 companies showcased their most avant-garde proposals, among which was the mexican designer, Antonio Ortega, the onlyLatin American designer present at thisprestigious event;an ambitious young man who presented his work on January 25th.
Ortega was born in the city of Morelia, Michoacán and is the youngest of 15 siblings; he studied in Mexico and for some time was responsible for styling within the Televisa TV chain.
However, his love for Haute Couture made him go to Paris in 2001, where he studied at the design school Chardon Savard and worked with the creator Dominique Sirop, to later create his own brand.
For Ortega, fashion is a reflection of the social movement, and today's world has set the tone for runway influences to be less pronounced, meaning there are no dictators that impose fashion.His creations reflect aggressiveness, and although his theme is pain and sadness, he plays with vivid colors to reflect optimism and vitality.
In addition, the designer's garments have a touch of Mexican inspiration, as he also claims to be proud of his roots, and believes that one of his greatest strengths is that he has lived among three different cultures: Mexican, French and Canadian, each with different things that identify them.
- SURVEY: MEXICO WILL GRIND TO A HALT DURING WORLD CUP
- Floyd Mayweather regains title as world's top earning athlete
- Some patients are in pain, some just want drugs. How do doctors tell them apart?
- Buffett, Zuckerberg & Bezos Lose Billions As Dow Drops Over 1,000 Points
- Big American automakers ask Trump to stick with NAFTA
- Did you lose your pet? Find it with your cell phone
- The Moon, Mars and the Mexicans that will help us reach space
- Border wall will join the Guinness World Records
- Mexican students create organic solution to eliminate cholesterol
- Careers of the future are overlooked by the youth
- Roomie Bot, the perfect helper for household work
- Meet this new anti-aging dessert