Vuhl, the Mexican Sports car that everyone talks aboutBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
The car was introduced in 2013, and was designed 100% by Mexicans
A few years ago, the first sports car designed 100% by Mexican talent, the Vuhl 05, created by brothers Iker and Guillermo Echeverria together with Alberto Chapa was presented at the Royal Automobile Club in London.
Vuhl Automobile, had the support of several private companies, as well as the government of Mexico, to be able to exist, however, despite being a car designed by Mexicans, there wasn’t a dealership in Mexico until recently.
The first concessionaires of the brand were in England and Kuwait, and now there is also one in Mexico City, in the street Schiller 312, Colonia Polanco.
This opening was of great relevance within the automotive history of the country, since Vuhl officially became the first Mexican brand that starts operations in a physical store in the heart of the republic.
It is important to remember that the announcement of the opening of the store was made since last year, and the car is manufactured in Querétaro, in a plant that has been operating for more than a year, but whose official inauguration took place until the end of 2016.
The plant has an installed capacity to produce 60 cars a year, but so far only 25 have been manufactured, which were sold to customers in England, Germany, France, the Middle East, the United States and Mexico.
The Vuhl 05 has a turbocharger engine of 4 cylinders, 2.0 liters with 285 hp. It accelerates from 0 to 100 in 3.7 seconds, reaches 245 kilometers per hour, and uses a Ford 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine.
Now those who are interested in knowing this beautiful car can go to the dealership in Mexico City to appreciate it.
It is also important to remember that the price of this Mexican sports car is one million 575 thousand 700 pesos.
Finally, this year Vuhl also had a stellar participation in the Race of Champions, with its model VUHL 05 ROC Edition, which faced the best motor sports cars, such as Polaris Slingshot SLR, KTM X-Bow Comp R, Ariel Atom Cup and Radical SR3 RSX.
- Border wall will join the Guinness World Records
- Mexican students create organic solution to eliminate cholesterol
- Careers of the future are overlooked by the youth
- Roomie Bot, the perfect helper for household work
- Meet this new anti-aging dessert
- Mexico seen as potential leader in medical marijuana research
- Mexicans will use solar energy to process foods
- Mexican innovation to eliminate the use of trans fat
- 'Plena', looking to promote Mexican culture through sportswear
- Two Mexican universities are among the best in the world
- Mexican anti venom is used in seven countries in Africa
- Renegade Retirees make Mexico #1 Place to Retire