Is 2017 The Year of "Financial Feminism?"By Elliot Bullman
Fidelity data showed that female investors outperformed males in 2016 by 0.3%, and that trend has held steady over the last decade.
Women are better investors than men, according to a growing body of evidence. Investment firm giant Fidelity says female investors outperformed men last year by 0.3%. In fact, Fidelity found that women outperformed men in the last decade.
Data from Openfolio, an investment tracking application, also showed the same trend. Women have outperformed men every year for the last three years since Openfolio began tracking the results.
Men have a bad tendency to buy and sell stocks too often. Very few people have mastered the art of understanding market times. So, too many operations consume the performance of the boys.
2017: The Year of "Financial Feminism"
Terrance Odean, a professor at the University of Berkeley's Haas Business School, who has spent his career studying investor trends, found that men made 45% more operations than women in the 1990s. He attributed it to an excess Of male confidence.
Women, on the other hand, tend to be "buy and hold" investors. It's exactly the advice that famous capital gurus like Warren Buffett and Jack Bogle give people: put your money in cheap index funds and then do not touch them for years or decades.
"Women have long-term goals, and they stick to the plan," Murphy said. They focus on savings and investment for retirement or college fund of a child, not on being more ready than the market.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany