40th anniversary of Tianguis Turistico de MexicoBy Romina Martínez Sánchez
Acapulco celebrates event’s return.
The Tianguis Turistico de Mexico is the largest platform for promoting and marketing tourism products and services in the country. For its 2015 edition, it is celebrating its 40th anniversary and is projecting the highest record of assistance to date.
According to the CEO of Mexico’s Tourism Board (CPTM), Rodolfo López Negrete, this edition should be a total success. Almost 300 companies have confirmed their participation in this international gathering. Indeed, 93% of the event’s stands are booked at the time this note is published.
This 40th edition of Tianguis will take place from March 23rd to close on the 26th in the coastal city of Acapulco in the state of Guerrero. Despite the latest news on this Pacific destination, the local city government has confirmed that it is prepared to host the 13,000 attendees expected to participate in this event.
The CPTM has invested around US $258 million in organizing the Tianguis Turistico which will be hosted by Hotel MundoImperial, a 262,000m2 forum located a mere 2.5km from Acapulco International Airport (ACA).
At the 13th edition of the National Forum of Tourism, López Negrete also announced that this year the Tianguis will welcome the presence of 10 new international buyers from the Middle East.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation