40th anniversary of Tianguis Turistico de MexicoBy Romina Martínez Sánchez
Acapulco celebrates event’s return.
The Tianguis Turistico de Mexico is the largest platform for promoting and marketing tourism products and services in the country. For its 2015 edition, it is celebrating its 40th anniversary and is projecting the highest record of assistance to date.
According to the CEO of Mexico’s Tourism Board (CPTM), Rodolfo López Negrete, this edition should be a total success. Almost 300 companies have confirmed their participation in this international gathering. Indeed, 93% of the event’s stands are booked at the time this note is published.
This 40th edition of Tianguis will take place from March 23rd to close on the 26th in the coastal city of Acapulco in the state of Guerrero. Despite the latest news on this Pacific destination, the local city government has confirmed that it is prepared to host the 13,000 attendees expected to participate in this event.
The CPTM has invested around US $258 million in organizing the Tianguis Turistico which will be hosted by Hotel MundoImperial, a 262,000m2 forum located a mere 2.5km from Acapulco International Airport (ACA).
At the 13th edition of the National Forum of Tourism, López Negrete also announced that this year the Tianguis will welcome the presence of 10 new international buyers from the Middle East.
- Mexico City, Thirsty and Sinking, Faces a Water Crisis
- Facebook's nightmare is about to get a lot worse
- Walmart opens its first 'Amazon style'store in Mexico
- Cancun 'spring breakers' welcomed with code of conduct
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica