Abraham Levy arriving to the shores of Cancun after 150 days at seaBy Dania Vargas Austryjak
Mexican man who is making history!
Following the track that Columbus took to reach the American continent, Abraham Levy, an adventurous man, is about to complete a 5 month journey from Spain to Mexico on an Ocean Rowing Boat, named Cascarita… A life-changing quest he embarked upon, all on his own, with one sole purpose at mind: To raise awareness for the conservation of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System.
Levy began his journey on October 2014 departing from Palos de la Frontera, Spain aboard an Ocean Rowing Boat (ORB) equipped with all the technology needed for the expedition, food, a sleeping area, and the willing attitude to conclude the challenge of crossing the Atlantic Ocean… The challenge was to use his own strength, resistance and endurance to navigate over 5,600 miles across the seas.
His main interest is to raise awareness for the conservation of the second largest coral reef, the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System for what he got sponsors before and during the journey to pay for his needs. Part of the proceeds will be donated to The Nature Conservacy (TNC), an environmental organization on the mission to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends.
The boat he’s navigating on is equipped with everything he could need, such as of localization technology, tracking device, satellite telephone, radio, etc. He also took off with a little over 1500 lbs. of dehydrated food and a 2 desalination plants so he could drink all the clean water necessary.
He is constantly supervised and monitored by his team on land, given he is by himself on the ORB and has been keeping contact by recording podcasts and receiving phone interviews. As well as keeping a travel log where he shared his everyday experience of this amazing and incredible journey.
Abraham is a true adventurer who was born in Colima, Mexico and is the first man and only so far to front such challenging task. He has been exploring Mexico since he was 26 and he has in fact traveled the entire coast of Mexico on a kayak.
Abraham Levy’s arrival is expected to be at 10 am at Marina CHAC CHI in the coast of Cancun, Quintana Roo. We are very excited and hoping him the best in the final stretch of his journey.
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"
- iPhones Pose Suicide Risk to Teenagers, Apple Investors Warn
- By ‘eck, the 34-year-old founder of Spotify, could be worth billions this year!
- Oprah Winfrey – Will she or won’t she run for the US Presidency in 2020?