Your best holidays are waiting for you… In Acapulco!
Acapulco in holidays
Culture and sports events, great weather and endless days of fun are waiting for you in the best destination in Mexico’s pacific coast: Acapulco, the perfect place to spend your upcoming Christmas holidays.
The Ministry of Tourism of Mexico has announced several events for all tourist destinations in the state of Guerrero, offering national and international visitors the culture, flavors and traditions of Mexico.
Some of the main activities programmed are starting soon, such as Tourist Brigades across the state, which include workshops, handcraft fairs, music concerts, the Air Show and also the Gymnastics World Cup.
And that’s just the beginning, because from February 23rd through the 28th, Acapulco will host the Abierto Mexicano Telcel, a professional tennis tournament. The organizer committee stated that the 2015 edition will be the best in 22 years of the tournament’s history.
In the 2014 edition of the tournament, over 55,000 fans gathered at the Fairmont Acapulco Princess to enjoy tennis matches near the most incredible beaches of Mexico. This year, major tennis players will be at the event, such as Maria Sharapova ―No.4 in a worldwide rank according to the WTA―, and Juan Martin del Potro, the best Latin American tennis player in the ATP tour.
On March 2015, Acapulco will also host the Tianguis Turistico Mexico, which is the most important tourism fair in Mexico, held yearly.
If you need to get to the state of Guerrero and start enjoying its great selection of events, then rest assured because six national airlines can fly you in from Mexico City, Monterrey, Guadalajara, Queretaro, Tijuana and Toluca. You can also fly with United Airlines from Houston, one of the most important hubs in the U.S.
In 2013, the Acapulco International Airport General Juan N. Alvarez, transported 617,000 passengers, which represented a 12.8% increase, compared to 2012. But soon, thanks to the construction of the new terminal, Acapulco will be able to manage 2 million passengers.
Keep all of this in mind, and remember that your best holidays are waiting for you… In Acapulco!
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany