Acapulco new international imageBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
Tourism coming back to Guerrero.
The governor of Guerrero, Rogelio Ortega, stated during an exclusive interview with Mexico News Network that peace is returning to the Pacific state, the proof being the return of thousands of visitors to the historical port city.
The positive image left by this year’s Tianguis Turístico México, has shown the world that Acapulco is doing well and is ready to welcome national and international tourism. The infrastructure, services and hospitality of Acapulco have shown the world what Guerrero has to offer.
For the next vacation seasons, the State government is expecting high numbers of tourists, mainly from the surroundings cities and of course from the United States.
Rogelio Ortega said to Mexico News Network that this event left an economic benefit of MXN $120 million for the city and 3,000 rooms reserved for this event, which has brought Acapulco back into Mexico’s spotlight.
- Mexico City, Thirsty and Sinking, Faces a Water Crisis
- Facebook's nightmare is about to get a lot worse
- Walmart opens its first 'Amazon style'store in Mexico
- Cancun 'spring breakers' welcomed with code of conduct
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica