Aeroméxico makes its first trans-pacific flight, crewed only by womenBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Last Thursday August 20, 13 women made history by being part of the first Trans-Pacific flight operated by a 100% female crew.
In a press release, Mexican airline Aeromexico revealed that flight AM098, with a route to cross the Pacific, was made up of an all women crew: the captain and two co-captains: Veronica Cervantes, Genoveva Leipold and Myriam Lopez; both of whom were assisted by 10 flight attendants: Sandra Pichardo , Martha Jimenez, Ofelia Castillo, Alma Heredia , Sara Bautista , Sandra Monroy , White Austria, Gloria Peralta, Blanca Estela Taylor, and Alejandra Mercado. They brought together more than 170 passengers on a flight lasting over 15 hours for 11,049 kilometers, from Mexico City to Shanghai, making a stopover in Tijuana.
The flight was made on a Boeing 777, the largest aircraft in the Aeromexico fleet, which has a total of 125 airplanes.
According to Aeromexico this flight was scheduled with support of the Association of Airline Pilots of Mexico (ASPA) and the Association of Flight Attendants of Mexico (ASSA). The purpose is to ensure that these types of flights are implemented on a more regular basis. Currently, the airline’s female staff consists of 50 pilots and more than 1,800 flight attendants.
"Aeromexico new livery" di Johnnysast at en.wikipedia
- Canirac seeks to strengthen Mexico´s Restaurant Sector
- Good harvest for the food industry
- The currency that you should have instead of dollars
- Record numbers of deportees seek jobs at call centres
- Carstens Postpones Departure From Bank of Mexico Until November 30th
- Mexico to offer up to $20 billion in forex hedges to aid weakened peso
- Mexico draws closer to Europe
- Mexico open to NAFTA changes but calls border tax "counterproductive"
- Guess who´s back, back again? Ford is back, tell a friend!
- More than 160 countries receive products made in Mexico
- Delta seeks to obtain 49% of Aeromexico
- Would a US trade boycott benefit or harm Mexico?