Air France launches direct flights Paris-CancunBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
French airline "Air France" opened a new direct route between Cancun and Paris, which will offer four weekly flights.
With the arrival of winter, many European airlines have increased their flights to warmer destinations, and Air France decided to join in this time, by adding its direct flight to Cancun.
The flights will be available on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Source: Flickr. Original Title: “Un Airbus A330 d'Air France” by Citizen59. Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic License. 2010.
A substantial growth from French tourists into Cancun is expected by New Year. In addition, according to the tourist barometer of the Association of Hotels in Cancun and Puerto Morelos (AHC), quoted in an article by Union Cancun, French tourism ranks fifth in the European markets, same as reported 9.7% growth in the first five months of the year, 343 more visitors than the same period last year.
This year a further growth of French tourism is expected, as a result from the diplomatic exchange between both nations last year, when Mexico and France exchanged delegates who promoted the culture, gastronomy and tourism in both countries.
The governor of Quintana Roo, Roberto Borge Angulo said that “The reason of choice in Cancun is very symbolic; confirming once again that Cancun and the Yucatan Peninsula are positioned as a highly attractive destinations for all actors in the tourism industry and foreign investors”.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation