Southwest introduces new and more flights to Mexico
AirTran Airways joins Southwest Airlines
A few months ago, Southwest Airlines, the most important economic airline in the US, began the purchase negotiations for AirTran Airways; a transaction that finally end with the first flight of the company from San Antonio to Mexico City and from Austin to Cancun.
With this transaction, the company also introduced seven new international flights plus nine more to different cities of the United States.
The flight from San Antonio, Texas, landed this last November 2nd in the Mexico City International Airport Benito Juarez. The aircraft –a Boeing 737–, was welcomed to the terminal with joy! Since its inaugural trip landed with a water-show on a fountain, creating a great performance for everyone at the airport!
This was a huge leap for the company’s international expansion plan. The VP of Communication & Outreach, Linda Rutherford said that the flight to Mexico City fits perfectly with one of the enterprise’s main objective: To become the most loved airline, the most used and more affordable for users to fly across several destinations.
Jorge Vazquez, Marketing Director of the Mexico City Ministry of Tourism, said that this new flight will help the international airport to reach –for the first time– a very particular goal: acquiring 1 million of american travelers.
These two states are very important for the tourism industry, especially for Cancun and Riviera Maya. Statistics show that they represent a huge percentage of the visitors that arrive to Quintana Roo.
With the winter season so close, the Cancun and Mexico City International Airports hope that the number of flights from other American companies could increase.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany