Southwest introduces new and more flights to Mexico
AirTran Airways joins Southwest Airlines
A few months ago, Southwest Airlines, the most important economic airline in the US, began the purchase negotiations for AirTran Airways; a transaction that finally end with the first flight of the company from San Antonio to Mexico City and from Austin to Cancun.
With this transaction, the company also introduced seven new international flights plus nine more to different cities of the United States.
The flight from San Antonio, Texas, landed this last November 2nd in the Mexico City International Airport Benito Juarez. The aircraft –a Boeing 737–, was welcomed to the terminal with joy! Since its inaugural trip landed with a water-show on a fountain, creating a great performance for everyone at the airport!
This was a huge leap for the company’s international expansion plan. The VP of Communication & Outreach, Linda Rutherford said that the flight to Mexico City fits perfectly with one of the enterprise’s main objective: To become the most loved airline, the most used and more affordable for users to fly across several destinations.
Jorge Vazquez, Marketing Director of the Mexico City Ministry of Tourism, said that this new flight will help the international airport to reach –for the first time– a very particular goal: acquiring 1 million of american travelers.
These two states are very important for the tourism industry, especially for Cancun and Riviera Maya. Statistics show that they represent a huge percentage of the visitors that arrive to Quintana Roo.
With the winter season so close, the Cancun and Mexico City International Airports hope that the number of flights from other American companies could increase.
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"
- iPhones Pose Suicide Risk to Teenagers, Apple Investors Warn
- By ‘eck, the 34-year-old founder of Spotify, could be worth billions this year!
- Oprah Winfrey – Will she or won’t she run for the US Presidency in 2020?