Connecting Cancun and the World
Alaska Airlines reinaugural flight from Seattle to Cancun
For those who seek a friendly weather for the upcoming winter season, Cancun, Cozumel and Riviera Maya are the perfect destinations. Some international airlines are seeking to connect to these places and an example of it is Alaska Airlines, reconnecting the route Seattle and Cancun.
With beautiful beaches and incredible nightlife, Cancun is the most popular leisure destination in Latin America and Cancun International Airport has become the 2nd most transited airport in all Mexico.
Travelers from all over the world choose Cancun as an entry point for their trip, mostly coming from USA, Canada, UK and Spain; over 6 million visitors traveled to Mexico in 2013 and the 39.5% arrived by Cancun.
The growing demand of the destination, as well as its surroundings including Riviera Maya and Cozumel, has encouraged international and national airlines to connect their cities to Cancun; giving visitors the option to take direct flights to this paradisiac destination from their city of residence.
At the latest World Routes Development Forum, several airlines reached agreements with Grupo Asur (the management group of Cancun International Airport) leading towards connectivity of the state of Quintana Roo with international destinations: Las Vegas-Cancun from Volaris, national airline; Toronto-Cozumel from Sunwing Airlines; Miami-Cozumel from American Airlines; Houston-Cancun and Houston-Cozumel from Southwest Airlines; as well as Lima-Cancun from Avianca and LAN; and Sao Paulo-Cancun from TAM Airlines.
The rainy city of Seattle will be also connected directly to Cancun starting on November 6th when its reinaugural flight will be arriving to. Alaska Airlines will be responsible for bringing daily to Cancun those in search of warm weather for the upcoming winter season.
With these new routes, Cancun can be connected to the world and ease the travel of many visitors, and welcome new and returning guests in this beautiful destination.
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany
- First ladies speak out on Trump separation policy
- Women sustain half of Mexico’s economy but earn crippling wages
- Dunkin' Donuts to reach 100 stores in Mexico thanks to millennials