Connecting Cancun and the World
Alaska Airlines reinaugural flight from Seattle to Cancun
For those who seek a friendly weather for the upcoming winter season, Cancun, Cozumel and Riviera Maya are the perfect destinations. Some international airlines are seeking to connect to these places and an example of it is Alaska Airlines, reconnecting the route Seattle and Cancun.
With beautiful beaches and incredible nightlife, Cancun is the most popular leisure destination in Latin America and Cancun International Airport has become the 2nd most transited airport in all Mexico.
Travelers from all over the world choose Cancun as an entry point for their trip, mostly coming from USA, Canada, UK and Spain; over 6 million visitors traveled to Mexico in 2013 and the 39.5% arrived by Cancun.
The growing demand of the destination, as well as its surroundings including Riviera Maya and Cozumel, has encouraged international and national airlines to connect their cities to Cancun; giving visitors the option to take direct flights to this paradisiac destination from their city of residence.
At the latest World Routes Development Forum, several airlines reached agreements with Grupo Asur (the management group of Cancun International Airport) leading towards connectivity of the state of Quintana Roo with international destinations: Las Vegas-Cancun from Volaris, national airline; Toronto-Cozumel from Sunwing Airlines; Miami-Cozumel from American Airlines; Houston-Cancun and Houston-Cozumel from Southwest Airlines; as well as Lima-Cancun from Avianca and LAN; and Sao Paulo-Cancun from TAM Airlines.
The rainy city of Seattle will be also connected directly to Cancun starting on November 6th when its reinaugural flight will be arriving to. Alaska Airlines will be responsible for bringing daily to Cancun those in search of warm weather for the upcoming winter season.
With these new routes, Cancun can be connected to the world and ease the travel of many visitors, and welcome new and returning guests in this beautiful destination.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation