Alliance between Delta and Aeromexico has green lightBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
This alliance was authorized under certain conditions
Through a press release it was announced that the Federal Competition Commission (Cofece) authorized the company Aeroméxico a joint cooperation agreement with Delta Airlines.
In the statement sent to the Mexican Stock Exchange (BMV), Aeroméxico said that one of the conditions imposed by the Cofece was the transfer of eight pairs of slots (takeoff and landing times).
The Mexican airline explained that this decision taken by the Federal Competition Commission in Mexico is part of the processes to deepen the trade alliance that both airlines have had for more than 20 years, in order to offer more travel options and destinations for passengers of both countries.
On April 26, 2016, the Senate confirmed the agreement on air transport between Mexico and the United States, which will remove the limitations on the number of airlines that can fly between the two countries.
It was in November 2015 when Delta announced its intention to increase its stake in Aeroméxico Group up to 49%. The alliance between the two airlines is valued at one thousand 500 million dollars.
Delta currently has a 4.1% stake in Aeromexico, with an option to purchase an additional 8.1%, plus the pension fund of the US airline owns 4.6% of the shares of Aeroméxico.
The acquisition of these shares will be through a tender offer at a price of 43.59 pesos per share.
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"
- iPhones Pose Suicide Risk to Teenagers, Apple Investors Warn
- By ‘eck, the 34-year-old founder of Spotify, could be worth billions this year!
- Oprah Winfrey – Will she or won’t she run for the US Presidency in 2020?