Apple Plans to Acquire ShazamBy Elliot Bullman
The firm is negotiating the acquisition whose software helps users identify songs by pointing their phones to an audio source
The technology company Apple is negotiating the acquisition of Shazam Entertainment Ltd, whose software helps users identify songs by pointing their phones to an audio source.
Users of the Apple iPhone with the Shazam application installed can say: "Hi Siri, what is that song?" And the application will identify it. But Shazam has other characteristics, such as the ability to identify television programs, which still do not work with Siri, Reuters reported.
For its part TechCrunch previously reported on the talks and wrote that Apple could pay about 400 million dollars for Shazam and that an agreement could be signed next week.
According to information gathered by Reuters, Shazam has obtained 143 million dollars from DN Capital Limited, Institutional Venture Partners and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, among others, throughout its 18-year history, according to PitchBook, a firm that tracks investments of private capital.
The value reported by TechCrunch could be well below the more recent $ 1 billion Shazam valuation reported by PitchBook.
An acquisition of Shazam could help boost Apple's musical efforts by making it easier for users to find songs and add them to playlists in their Apple Music service. By mid-2017, Apple Music had 27 million subscribers, behind the Spotify music streaming service that has 60 million users.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany