The triumphant arrival of Abraham LevyBy Dania Vargas Austryjak
Getting home after months at sea.
The self-propelled Mexican traveler, Abraham Levy, always motivated by adventure, is concluding a major and impressive journey, navigating solo and propelled by his own power, on board his Ocean Rowing Boat (ORB).
Abraham Levy is arriving at the coast of Cancun, Quintana Roo, specifically on the KM 3.2 of the Hotel Zone at Marina CHAC CHI. Thirteen canoes from Xcaret are receiving and accompanying Abraham on his last kilometers at sea (between 1 to 3 KM) remembering that he has rowed for almost 9,000 km (approx. 5,600 miles), departing from Spain and arriving back to his home country.
Levy has been recording on photos, calls, podcasts and on his travel log his ultimate adventure in favor of raising awareness for the conservation of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System; and sharing fun facts and data on his journey, just like the message he posted on his tracking site on January 24: “A minute of silence, tortillas are over…”
INVEX Banco, a financial institution is the largest sponsor of Abraham’s journey, and are also the ones in charge of preparing his arrival to the coast of Cancun.
In an exclusive interview with México News Network, Mayor of Cancun Paul Carrillomentioned to feel very proud that and astounding man such as Abraham Levy, is doing an effort to raise awareness for the conservation of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System. This is an action that will also that put Cancun on the map!
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany