The triumphant arrival of Abraham LevyBy Dania Vargas Austryjak
Getting home after months at sea.
The self-propelled Mexican traveler, Abraham Levy, always motivated by adventure, is concluding a major and impressive journey, navigating solo and propelled by his own power, on board his Ocean Rowing Boat (ORB).
Abraham Levy is arriving at the coast of Cancun, Quintana Roo, specifically on the KM 3.2 of the Hotel Zone at Marina CHAC CHI. Thirteen canoes from Xcaret are receiving and accompanying Abraham on his last kilometers at sea (between 1 to 3 KM) remembering that he has rowed for almost 9,000 km (approx. 5,600 miles), departing from Spain and arriving back to his home country.
Levy has been recording on photos, calls, podcasts and on his travel log his ultimate adventure in favor of raising awareness for the conservation of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System; and sharing fun facts and data on his journey, just like the message he posted on his tracking site on January 24: “A minute of silence, tortillas are over…”
INVEX Banco, a financial institution is the largest sponsor of Abraham’s journey, and are also the ones in charge of preparing his arrival to the coast of Cancun.
In an exclusive interview with México News Network, Mayor of Cancun Paul Carrillomentioned to feel very proud that and astounding man such as Abraham Levy, is doing an effort to raise awareness for the conservation of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System. This is an action that will also that put Cancun on the map!
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation