Artist wants to make the US-Mexico border fence invisibleBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
The current border between the United States and Mexico has a length of 3,185 kilometer, traversing four US states and six Mexican states.
Ana Teresa Fernandez, is an artist born in Mexico but raised in San Diego, and is currently leading a group of volunteers who are helping her paint the border blue, in order to make it invisible, or at least as less visible as it can be by mixing it with the color of the sky.
The area being painted is located in Nogales, Sonora, which borders with Nogales, Arizona. And to accomplish this task Fernandez enlisted the help of 30 volunteers.
Quoted in an article published in CBS News, Ana Teresa assures that these walls have become a symbol of pain, and the artist seeks to create with her art a visual platform on human rights internationally.
Neither the Mexican authorities nor American interrupted the painters while they were covering the walls of blue sky. Susannah Castro, a member of the Border Community Alliance, was the one who invited Fernandez to realize this project and said that the Mexican authorities were notified, and they had no objection.
This is not the first time Ana Teresa paints a piece of the fence border, because in 2012 she painted one on a beach in Tijuana.
"It's not erasing the border, it's pulling the sky down to us," assured Fernandez regarding her project.
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"
- iPhones Pose Suicide Risk to Teenagers, Apple Investors Warn
- By ‘eck, the 34-year-old founder of Spotify, could be worth billions this year!
- Oprah Winfrey – Will she or won’t she run for the US Presidency in 2020?