New aviation rules between Mexico and the USBy
An increase in flights and trading activities is expected.
In 2016, new aviation rules between Mexico and the United States will be introduced which, according to experts, will allow the opening of new air routes, flight frequencies and more, between the two countries, therefore open new and greater opportunities for the transportation of goods.
On November 21st 2014, the Mexican Ministry of Communications and Transports announced amendments to the Bilateral Agreement on Air Transport signed between the two countries, back in August 15th, 1960.
The changes "... will streamline commercial, tourist, cultural and cargo exchange, removing barriers that limited connectivity and prevented the dynamic flow between people and goods required by the relationship between the two countries ...”
It also announced that "... traffic will be more flexible, increasing connectivity and economic growth of nations ...”
Among the benefits of these new rules, airlines from both countries may open new air routes more easily and may offer more services on existing ones.
In addition, Mexican cargo lines may increase their penetration in international markets and Mexico can take advantage of its strategic position, to become a logistics platform for the movement of goods.
Mexican authorities explained that these changes do not involve open skies policies, in which any company of one country can travel between two or more cities of another one.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany