Bajío, a clear example of Mexico´s digital transformationBy Elliot Bullman
The area has become the airstrip not only for carmakers and automakers, but also for technology companies that hope to consolidate in the region.
The Bajío region, in particular Jalisco, has become a region that has been characterized by hosting entrepreneurs, startups and technology companies such as Intel, Oracle, IBM and KIO Networks, so much so that the region has become known as the Mexican Silicon Valley.
Software, cloud, advanced engineering systems, robotics, data storage, among others, are the solutions that states like Aguascalientes, Guanajuato, San Luis Potosi, Querétaro and Jalisco require immediately.
The financial and industrial activity in the area has led it to becoming one of the fastest growing in the country. According to the latest figures from the INEGI, in July of this year, industrial activity had an annual increase of 4.3% on average, a figure that stands out from the standard growth of the rest of the country.
Santiago Suinaga, director of KIO Data Centers says that the opportunity in the region has grown because the entry of large companies have brought benefits for the use of technology.
Suinaga says, “the arrival of large companies for KIO Networks offers a strong growth opportunity to provide the huge amounts of infrastructure and storage that they will need. This growth is tremendous and will surely be double-digit or greater."
Advances in adoption and transformation
The representatives of KIO Networks predict that next year will be of great relevance for growth and digital transformation in Mexico. They trust that the adoption of technology advances and already begins to give results in the country.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation