BBVA announces $1.5bn investmentBy Elliot Bullman
Spanish banking group, owner of Bancomer, is bullish about Mexico's future
The owner of Mexico’s largest bank will invest US $1.5 billion over the next five years on software and intelligence to improve efficiency and bring it closer to customers.
The executive chairman of Spanish financial group BBVA announced the investment and confirmed at the same time the company’s confidence in Mexico.
”We are long-term investors and I hope we get more opportunities to continue to invest,” said Francisco González during a visit to Mexico City.
Gonzalez said that he has an enormous confidence in Mexico, in BBVA Bancomer, in his team and the Mexican business community.”
González recognized that Mexico has challenges as a result of political change in the United States, but observed that Mexico is strong enough to withstand it.
“It is one of the most attractive countries in the world for investments, with a young population.
And Mexico is a vibrant country with great strengths. Its 120 million people are very young and fully motivated to do great things. Mexico is stronger than most people think, thanks to its population, its close relationship with the U.S, the dynamics of its industries and its business community.”
- NAFTA meeting on tap; Mexico doesn’t want to be used to elude US tariffs
- Mexico is second on world’s best places to retire list
- New video editing trend could be the future of ´fake news'
- Trump says North Korea talks under way but he may not meet Kim Jong-un
- Mexico’s candidates are avoiding talking about the elephant in the room: Pensions
- Elon Musk just sank more than $100 million into The Boring Company
- Netflix is soaring after it crushed subscriber growth targets yet again
- Starbucks: Protesters call for boycott after black men arrested
- Mexico Leads Worldwide List for Work Related Stress
- Despite making more money than ever Airlines face a multitude of problems
- Mexico climbs from thirteenth to sixth most popular international tourism destination
- Comey Calls Trump ‘Morally Unfit’ and a ‘Stain’ on All Around Him