Tianguis Turístico 2015: Helping to Build a Better SinaloaBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
Sinaloa a world known adventure destination of Mexico
As part of the extensive coverage of the Tianguis Turístico México, México News Network interviewed Sinaloa state governor, Mario López Valdéz, who reported that the coastal state is stronger than ever, despite tough times in the past years.
According to the governor, Sinaloa plans to extend its image not just globally but also in the domestic market. He added that every year Mazatlán is visited by thousands of international tourists and it’s a shame that nationals don’t often allow themselves the opportunity to enjoy it for themselves.
López Valdéz told México News Network, that the state, particularly the coastal city of Mazatlán, is world known as an adventure and gastronomic destination that Mexicans should visit. He added that Mexico’s only passenger train goes through Sinaloa on a route that connects it with the neighboring state of Chihuahua.
Mazatlan boasts an important number of hotel rooms, which this 2015 will increase dramatically with the establishment of 20 hotels.
According to the government, the state has increased 40% of its connectivity and has an extensive network of highways that connect the state with the main cities of the north of Mexico. Mazatlan is the state’s main destination, but in fact Sinaloa has 3 towns with “Pueblo Mágico” (lit. “Magic Town”) status granted by the Federal Ministry of Tourism: Cosalá, El Fuerte y El Rosario.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California