Tianguis Turístico 2015: Helping to Build a Better SinaloaBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
Sinaloa a world known adventure destination of Mexico
As part of the extensive coverage of the Tianguis Turístico México, México News Network interviewed Sinaloa state governor, Mario López Valdéz, who reported that the coastal state is stronger than ever, despite tough times in the past years.
According to the governor, Sinaloa plans to extend its image not just globally but also in the domestic market. He added that every year Mazatlán is visited by thousands of international tourists and it’s a shame that nationals don’t often allow themselves the opportunity to enjoy it for themselves.
López Valdéz told México News Network, that the state, particularly the coastal city of Mazatlán, is world known as an adventure and gastronomic destination that Mexicans should visit. He added that Mexico’s only passenger train goes through Sinaloa on a route that connects it with the neighboring state of Chihuahua.
Mazatlan boasts an important number of hotel rooms, which this 2015 will increase dramatically with the establishment of 20 hotels.
According to the government, the state has increased 40% of its connectivity and has an extensive network of highways that connect the state with the main cities of the north of Mexico. Mazatlan is the state’s main destination, but in fact Sinaloa has 3 towns with “Pueblo Mágico” (lit. “Magic Town”) status granted by the Federal Ministry of Tourism: Cosalá, El Fuerte y El Rosario.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany