First Binational Customs Offices Open Near Mexican-US borderBy Dania Vargas Austryjak
Streamlined procedure to authorize exports and imports.
As a result of the United States-Mexico High Level Economic Dialogue established by President Enrique Peña Nieto and his American counterpart, Barack Obama, the governments of the United States and Mexico have been working together to set up the first three joint customs offices to streamline export and import procedures between both nations.
Luis Videgaray Caso, the Mexican Secretary of Finance announced the establishment of the first three joint customs offices from Mexico and USA, during the 76th National Conference on Foreign Trade and Customs.
“We work in coordination with our main commercial partner to innovate, and do things differently from before,” Videgaray stated on the occasion. “Which means authorizing exports and imports with a single procedure.”
The offices are scheduled to open during the second semester of this year. The first one has already opened in Laredo, Texas, and specializes in the importation of electronic supplies and parts for Mexico’s growing aerospace and automobile industry.
Tijuana, in the Mexican state of Baja California will be the location of the second dual customs office, and will facilitate agriculture product exports. The third office will be in Ciudad Juarez, in the Mexican state of Chihuahua. This one will be focused on the exportation of electronic and computer goods.
Secretary Videgaray also stated that this is only a part of a continuous effort to improve the customs offices in the country as part of a larger-scale plan to modernize and reorganize this process between 2013 and 2018.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation