Bitbrick Band: Controls devices, posts emotions and monitors physical activity
Bitbrick Band, an amazingsmart bracelet
Today, we can’t picture our lives without our cellphones! It really doesn’t matter whether you’re an iOS, Android, Windows or Blackberry user they are basic for our everyday life! And that day you were in a hurry and forgot your mobile at home, it didn’t matter that you were already late... you had to turn back and pick it up, because you almost felt like being naked.
The truth is that smartphones simplify our lives so much, that they’ve become like our sidekick; and of course how could anyone leave their good buddies without a protection? That’s why we’re always looking for the perfect case, a wallpaper that tells something about us, and probably what’s most important, those creative apps we barely knew about and now we just can’t stop using.
Ironbit took a step forward and developed their first hardware device, which will be presented at the Consumer Electronic Show in the city of Las Vegas, USA.
The name is Bitbrick Band, an amazing smart bracelet that will allow users to control apps in devices connected to the internet. This future-style gadget works by moving the arm in order to answer calls, change automatically emotions in Facebook or monitor physical activity.
Some of the emotions to post in Facebook are: arms up (happiness), hug gesture (in love), arms down (sadness), etc.
Ricardo Arriaga, Ironbit’s CEO and Co-founder said: “It wasn’t easy, because in Mexico you only need a computer to develop software, but hardware implies a risky cost. We found that Internet of Things will be a worldwide trend during the next two years, and we decided to invest ...”
For this project, the Science & Technology National Board of Mexico (CONACYT) supported Ironbit with the construction of a wireless technologies innovation center, where Bitbrick Band was born.
Private investors have been showing interest in this product; however they’re hoping to find their highest boost from a crowdfunding campaign at Indiegogo, a worldwide collective fund platform.
According to Arriaga, the first 1000 pieces will be ready by June 2015. They created an alliance with a Dutch company, which will be in charge of manufacturing the product in order to guarantee its quality; therefore Bitbrick Band will offer a two-year guarantee.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California