Super Blood Moon will illuminate the sky on SundayBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
On Sunday September 27, two lunar phenomena will be seen in the night sky simultaneously: a ‘super moon’ and a lunar eclipse.
This is a phenomenon that in the last 115 years has only occurred 5 times. The last time it happened was in 1982.
Source: Flickr. Original Title: “Blood Moon Suspended in space” by Sudhamashu Hebbar. Attribution 2.0 Generic License. 2008.
Lunar eclipses are phenomena that occur infrequently, with next one, according to NASA scientists, taking place until 2018. But on Sunday something very special will happen: we’ll be also be able to see a ‘super Moon,’ meaning that the moon will be closer to Earth than it usually is, making it look 14% larger.
In Mexico it will be visible around 19:00 hours and will reach its peak at around 20:30 pm. It is expected to end around 21:30 hours. It is noteworthy that the phenomenon will look its best on the East Coast, as you will be able to observe all the main stages of the eclipse.
This time the moon will turn a reddish color, which is why it will be called the Blood Moon. It is an event not to be missed, because it will certainly be an unforgettable show.
For more information about places and time we recommend you visit the web site www.timeanddate.com
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany