Super Blood Moon will illuminate the sky on SundayBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
On Sunday September 27, two lunar phenomena will be seen in the night sky simultaneously: a ‘super moon’ and a lunar eclipse.
This is a phenomenon that in the last 115 years has only occurred 5 times. The last time it happened was in 1982.
Source: Flickr. Original Title: “Blood Moon Suspended in space” by Sudhamashu Hebbar. Attribution 2.0 Generic License. 2008.
Lunar eclipses are phenomena that occur infrequently, with next one, according to NASA scientists, taking place until 2018. But on Sunday something very special will happen: we’ll be also be able to see a ‘super Moon,’ meaning that the moon will be closer to Earth than it usually is, making it look 14% larger.
In Mexico it will be visible around 19:00 hours and will reach its peak at around 20:30 pm. It is expected to end around 21:30 hours. It is noteworthy that the phenomenon will look its best on the East Coast, as you will be able to observe all the main stages of the eclipse.
This time the moon will turn a reddish color, which is why it will be called the Blood Moon. It is an event not to be missed, because it will certainly be an unforgettable show.
For more information about places and time we recommend you visit the web site www.timeanddate.com
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California