Blue Flag Beaches in Mexico
Several states in Mexico improve their facilities to acquire the Blue Flag Certification
Blue Flag is an international organization that seeks out to certify beaches, marinas, ports and vessels. It’s a distinction that came to be in the year 1985 in the south of France, as a result from an initiative from the Foundation of Environmental Education (FEE).
It consists of a non-profitable organization of excellent prestige at a worldwide level; this is mainly because it doesn’t depend in any way of any government of any kind, and it has the number one objective of granting the Blue Flag certification to those beaches that comply and meet with their 33 rigorous and strict quality standards and criteria. These are divided in four sections: water quality, environmental education and information, management of environmental issues and last but not least, safety and services.
This year 2014, state governments from six entities in Mexico established the internal goal of acquiring this distinction before the year is over. The sub-secretary of the Ministry of Tourism of Mexico, Mr. Francisco Mass, pointed out that if Mexico’s beaches obtain this distinction, then the quality and offer of tourist products issued would certainly rise!
Recently, an event was held in Acapulco-which is a city that also happens to host the National Blue Flag Jury-, which issued this information, and more. They strongly stated to be committed to orient and guide other states into reaching their goal and acquire the certification.
The beaches that are hoping to receive the certification are: Las Palmillas in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur; El Palmar II in Zihuatanejo, Gerrero; Palmares in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco; Chac Mool and Las Perlas in Cancun.
It’s important to mention that these aren’t the first beaches in Cancun to receive the Blue Flag distinction… During the first months of the year 2014, Playa Delfines in Cancun’s hotel zone (Km 18.5) recently received the Bkue Flag certification for having Mexico’s nicest beach, positioning with such, as one of the three most important beaches in the whole of Latin America.
One of the most important aspects to highlight from this entire initiative and plan, is that once the certification is granted, these will not only rise their standard and quality but it will also encourage the better development of them, particularly in regard to the environment.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany