Blue Flag Beaches in Mexico
Several states in Mexico improve their facilities to acquire the Blue Flag Certification
Blue Flag is an international organization that seeks out to certify beaches, marinas, ports and vessels. It’s a distinction that came to be in the year 1985 in the south of France, as a result from an initiative from the Foundation of Environmental Education (FEE).
It consists of a non-profitable organization of excellent prestige at a worldwide level; this is mainly because it doesn’t depend in any way of any government of any kind, and it has the number one objective of granting the Blue Flag certification to those beaches that comply and meet with their 33 rigorous and strict quality standards and criteria. These are divided in four sections: water quality, environmental education and information, management of environmental issues and last but not least, safety and services.
This year 2014, state governments from six entities in Mexico established the internal goal of acquiring this distinction before the year is over. The sub-secretary of the Ministry of Tourism of Mexico, Mr. Francisco Mass, pointed out that if Mexico’s beaches obtain this distinction, then the quality and offer of tourist products issued would certainly rise!
Recently, an event was held in Acapulco-which is a city that also happens to host the National Blue Flag Jury-, which issued this information, and more. They strongly stated to be committed to orient and guide other states into reaching their goal and acquire the certification.
The beaches that are hoping to receive the certification are: Las Palmillas in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur; El Palmar II in Zihuatanejo, Gerrero; Palmares in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco; Chac Mool and Las Perlas in Cancun.
It’s important to mention that these aren’t the first beaches in Cancun to receive the Blue Flag distinction… During the first months of the year 2014, Playa Delfines in Cancun’s hotel zone (Km 18.5) recently received the Bkue Flag certification for having Mexico’s nicest beach, positioning with such, as one of the three most important beaches in the whole of Latin America.
One of the most important aspects to highlight from this entire initiative and plan, is that once the certification is granted, these will not only rise their standard and quality but it will also encourage the better development of them, particularly in regard to the environment.
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"