The Blue Flag Certification
The city of Cancun hosted the very First International Meeting of Blue Flag Operators
Cancun was the hosting city for the realization of the very First International Meeting of Blue Flag Operators, which had the purpose of projecting the world and announcing all the opportunities for development in tourism and economy in the area, with the establishment of projects in favor of sustainability. This gran event was held thanks to the collaborative work among citizen associations like Pronatura and government dependencies like the National Commission of Water (CONAGUA). It’s important to highlight that the event was officially inaugurated by the Governor of Quintana Roo, Mr. Roberto Borge Angulo.
These certifications are part of the exhaust and thorough works carried out by Pronatura México A.C., a nonprofit citizen association who has worked for over 30 years in favor of the conservation of flora and fauna, as well as main ecosystems in the area.
This is the main reason why in the year 2012, the association was chosen to be responsible for managing international certification programs like Blue Flag, Green Kay y Eco- Schools in Mexico. In order to fully meet with this task, the association has the support of other international organizations like the World Tourism Organization (WTO), the United Nation’s Environmental Program (UNEP) and the International Union for the Conservation of Nature.
It’s also important to mention that the collaborative works between CONAGUA has translated into a series of certifications acquired for certain beaches and marinas in Mexico, especially in the states of Guerrero, Oaxaca, Nayarit, Baja California Sur and Quintana Roo.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California