The Blue Flag Certification
The city of Cancun hosted the very First International Meeting of Blue Flag Operators
Cancun was the hosting city for the realization of the very First International Meeting of Blue Flag Operators, which had the purpose of projecting the world and announcing all the opportunities for development in tourism and economy in the area, with the establishment of projects in favor of sustainability. This gran event was held thanks to the collaborative work among citizen associations like Pronatura and government dependencies like the National Commission of Water (CONAGUA). It’s important to highlight that the event was officially inaugurated by the Governor of Quintana Roo, Mr. Roberto Borge Angulo.
These certifications are part of the exhaust and thorough works carried out by Pronatura México A.C., a nonprofit citizen association who has worked for over 30 years in favor of the conservation of flora and fauna, as well as main ecosystems in the area.
This is the main reason why in the year 2012, the association was chosen to be responsible for managing international certification programs like Blue Flag, Green Kay y Eco- Schools in Mexico. In order to fully meet with this task, the association has the support of other international organizations like the World Tourism Organization (WTO), the United Nation’s Environmental Program (UNEP) and the International Union for the Conservation of Nature.
It’s also important to mention that the collaborative works between CONAGUA has translated into a series of certifications acquired for certain beaches and marinas in Mexico, especially in the states of Guerrero, Oaxaca, Nayarit, Baja California Sur and Quintana Roo.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation