BREXIT To Become Official Next WeekBy Elliot Bullman
The United Kingdom will officially notify its departure from the European Union on March 29, the first in the 60-year history of the block created on the ashes of World War II.
On that day, the United Kingdom will activate Article 50 of the European Treaty of Lisbon through a letter from Prime Minister Theresa May to the President of the European Council, Donald Tusk, the British government announced Monday.
On June 23, 2016, "the British people made the historic decision to leave the EU. Next Wednesday, the government will follow up this decision and formally start the process" of exit, said in a statement the minister in charge of Brexit , David Davis.
London and Brussels will have two years to seal a divorce agreement that is expected to clarify, among other things, whether Europeans in the UK will retain the freedom to work and reside in the country, the bill that London will have to pay for their commitments Up to 2020 and the new business relationship.
On the other side of the English Channel, there were expressions of relief, such as that of the French Finance Minister, Michael Sapin: "At last, we were hoping to start negotiations as soon as the Brexit was voted."
"We are on the threshold of the most important negotiation for this country for a generation," he added. "The government is clear in its aims: a deal that works for every nation and region of the UK and indeed for all of Europe - a new, positive partnership between the UK and our friends and allies in the European Union."
In response, Donald Tusk, President of the European Council,tweetedthat he would present draft Brexit guidelines to the remaining 27 EU member states within 48 hours.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany