Cancun welcomes its 17-million passenger!
The 17th million passenger in Cancun.
Her name is Adrienne Taptich Edisis. Blonde, white-skinned. She wears white trousers and blouse and shoes in turquoise; the color of the sea she has enjoyed during the last few days.
Neither she nor her family seemed to understand the importance of her arrival, the presence of the mariachi, the bag full of presents and plaque given to her before boarding the Delta Airlines flight that will take her Atlanta to visit her mother.
But the answer is simple: a few days ago, when she arrived at the destination from Washington DC, she became the passenger number 17 million arriving to the Cancun International Airport this year.
With this number, the terminal broke its own records since it was acquired, after a privatization process, by Aeropuertos del Sureste group (Asur) in the second half of the nineties.
Throughout 2013, the main tourist destination of Mexico and Latin America recorded 15 million passengers. Each year the number of visitors has increased at a rate of 1 million per year.
However, Eduardo Rivadeneyra, Public Relations & Media Manager of theCancun International Airport, explained that this year Cancun broke its own records.
The initial goal was to exceed 16 million passengers but, since August this year, the expectation for 17 million passengers began to take shape, when the record of 300 of daily operations did not descend even in low season,stated Mr.Rivadeneyra.
A few days from 2015, Cancun International Airport reported 400 daily operations, mainly of flights from the US and the 16 major Mexican destinations.
Although she arrived from Washington DC, Adrianne decided to change her flight back home, to visit her mother in Atlanta.
Now she carries a bag full of presents given by the Airport and a first class ticket for her and her family, given by Delta Airlines. Definitely, 17 million record that is broken every day.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation