Cancun will introduce new flights to Europe
Increasing the air connectivity between Cancun and Europe, for the benefit of the tourism industry
The Governor of Quintana Roo, Mr. Roberto Borge Angulo, announced that as a result of negotiations and meetings with Condor Airlines at the International Tourism Exchange of Berlin (ITB), both parties came to a mutual agreement, which is to increase the number of direct flights from Cancun to: Munich, Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen.
This alliance with Condor Airlines will be officially introduced during the month of October. Nowadays, this airline only provides one route from Frankfurt, meanwhile other companies like Air Berlin offer two flights from Cancun to Munich and Dusseldorf.
Mr. Roberto Borge assures that with this new negotiation the state’s participation in the ITB was very successful. Because Cancun is looking to expand its air connectivity with Europe, which is a task that is being accomplished since the International Tourist Trade Fair 2014.
The arrival of more flights coming from Europe will cause a considerable increase in the state's economy, given that the European tourism has a higher spending power than other niches. Likewise, tourists from Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic and Slovenia will benefit from these new routes, so they can better enjoy their vacations in the Mexican Caribbean.
This new alliance will help position Cancun as the number one beach destination in Latin America. Another important negotiation deriving from the ITB, was that the airline Lufthansa will start commercializing a new flight from Mexico City to Frankfurt, starting in April. It is estimated that from this new flight to Mexico city the 80% of the passengers will have Cancun as a final destination to enjoy relaxing days, in a famous destination known for excellent service and deluxe resorts. A city that attracts thousands of tourists every year and they fall in love with it.
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"
- iPhones Pose Suicide Risk to Teenagers, Apple Investors Warn
- By ‘eck, the 34-year-old founder of Spotify, could be worth billions this year!
- Oprah Winfrey – Will she or won’t she run for the US Presidency in 2020?